CRST Enrollment Office
ENROLLMENT STAFFCharlene Anderson, Enrollment Specialist
Rachel Straight Head, Tribal ID Clerk
ENROLLMENT PROCEDURE THE PROCEDURE TO ENROLL WITH THE CHEYENNE RIVER SIOUX TRIBE:
- One of the parent(s) must be an enrolled member of the tribe.
- Enrollment application needs to be requested, filled out and mailed back with the documents attached. The cover sheet states what is needed.
- When the applications are received back, they are thoroughly checked to make sure everything is attached, if incomplete they will be returned for completion.
- The applications are presented to the Claims and Legislation Committee for their recommendation and then referred to Tribal Council.
- Tribal Council meets monthly on the first Tuesday of every month. Everything concerning enrollments is then presented for their decision. There are two categories for enrollment. Majority vote, which means children born to parents who reside on the reservation and two-thirds (2/3) vote, for individuals born off the reservation, these are voted in by at least 10 of the 15 council members.
- Should an individual(s) be disapproved for enrollment then the application can be resubmitted back to the Enrollment Office and presented to the next Tribal Council meeting.
TO OBTAIN RESEARCH DATAPlease give the name(s) of the individual(s) that need to be researched. Date of birth and parents of the individual is very important.
The Enrollment records will be checked to see if the individual(s) are enrolled and the Aberdeen Area Listing is also used to locate an individual(s) who might be enrolled with another tribe, if located then the tribe’s location and address will be given.
Please include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number when requesting research.
The contact person is:Charlene Anderson, Enrollment Specialist
PO Box 325
Eagle Butte, South Dakota, 57625
Phone number: 605-964-6612/6613
Fax number: 605-964-6614
E-mail address: email@example.com
TO OBTAIN A TRIBAL IDlakotawinyan55@hotmail.com
Tribal ID’s are taken here within our office daily 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday
Documents needed will be, your Social Security Card, so a copy can be made for your file, marriage license or divorce decree to update current name
Tribal ID’s cost $5.00
Please stop at the Enrollment Office if you are here for a Tribal ID and you will be informed on what to do.